Picking up where I left off in my last post, the tallit assembly line continues! Once all the attarot were dry, I ironed them to heat set the paint and cut them to the right size. I also cut all the squares for the corners and ironed the edges under 1/4″.
Next it was time to attach the attarot and corner squares to the tallit fabrics. I folded the tallit fabric in half and marked it with a pin. I then found the center of the attarah, lined it up with the pin and used lots of pins to keep it in place. The corner squares were also pinned in place and then everything was sewn down. In the center of each square, I then created an eyelet buttonhole where the tzitzit would be attached. (This is one of those moments where I am reminded just how much I love my sewing machine since I push a button and it sews the circular button hole.)
At this point, the tallitot were almost done. All that needed to be added were the tzitzit! Now there are seven new tallitot available in my Etsy store. Order one now and have it in time for the New Year! Each tallit comes with a matching bag.