I’ve spent my last couple studio days playing a little bit. I now have two small pieces in progress. “Escape the Darkness,” shown in progress on the right and below, started with free motion quilting with varigated thread. I then added five colored wires that meet near the bottom right of the piece and explode out from there. Next, black fencing was placed over the whole piece. When the fencing is sewn down, the wires will poke through in different places, trying to escape.
The second piece, shown below is called “It’s Not Always Black and White.” The black and white fabrics are sewn together with a zipper that is partially pulled back to reveal a mess of red yarn. I haven’t decided how to finish this one yet, but check back and I’ll post it when it comes to me.