Blogfeature

Letting it all Hang Out

I started a new small piece this week.  It started with strips of ombre fabric that transitions from blue to purple.  I wove them together as shown on the right and placed them on top of one layer of Steam-a-Seam 2, batting, and a purple backing..

Now, if you follow my blog you might remember some issues I had with “The One that Got Away” my last piece made from woven strips.  In case you were wondering, I did learn from that lesson and used clear thread to sew the pieces together before attempting to quilt the piece (see below right).

Then I was ready to quilt with a fun varigated thread.  To make sure that I didn’t run into the same problems as before, I also used a different darning foot with a plastic guard.  This prevented the foot from slipping under any of the strips and sewing itself into the piece.

After the quilting, it was ready for binding.  Now I just need to do the hand sewing – sew the binding to the back and decide how to arrange the strips that fall off the bottom of the piece.  But that will have to wait until next week.  Shabbat Shalom!

  

This Post Has One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *